Dentistry for Children offers a dynamic range of pediatric dental and orthodontic services. Our team has the dedication and skills to manage and improve even the most challenging of dental issues, but we’d much prefer to use the partnership with our patients and their caregivers to build habits that prevent these issues from appearing in the first place.
Pediatric Dental Services
We’d like to see our smiling patients every six months or so for check-ups and cleanings unless your doctor recommends an alternative approach. The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends patients see a pediatric dentist by their first birthday, or after the appearance of their first tooth. However, what’s most important is that—whether you are ahead of the game, or are a bit behind the plan—you schedule an appointment to begin laying the foundation for your little one’s lifetime smile today.
Dentistry for Children is dedicated to providing the utmost in pediatric dental care for children from infancy to young adulthood. Each of our pediatric dentists completes an additional two-to-three years of specialized training after they graduated from dental school, and as such, are trained and prepared to deal specifically with the unique challenges and processes presented by these still-developing patients.
Many of our service offerings have been established to ensure the highest quality of care and safety for your child. For example:
- Our digital x-rays use 80-90% less radiation than traditional x-rays, which means greater safety for your child. In addition, our digital imaging capabilities are captured quickly and ensure a higher quality image to facilitate proper diagnoses.
- Our white, metal-free fillings are mercury-free and provide a better structural and aesthetic result.
- Our dental sealants can preserve your child’s teeth by protecting against cavities and acting as a barrier from food and bacteria.
- Tooth extractions are only performed when removing a tooth is the best option for restoring the health of a patient’s mouth.
- During operative appointments, nitrous oxide is often administered so that patients may remain conscious and responsive throughout their procedure while eliminating nervousness and worry during the visit. It is one of the safest sedatives in dentistry, is completely non-addictive, and is quickly eliminated from the body through normal breathing.
The entirety of our team—from our pediatric dentists and hygienists to our certified and registered dental assistants (CDAs/RDAs) is focused on our mission to not only treat the problems your little one is facing today but to educate you and your little one on preventive care to minimize the appearance of decay, infections, and speech or cosmetic problems.
- Diet and nutrition
- Healthy habits, routines, and approaches
- Routine check-ups
- Digital x-rays and imaging
- Metal-free fillings
- Pulpotomies (Root canals)
- Other restorative procedures